Changing the lives of girls from low income homes through an empowering middle school education
- We are student centered. We encourage moments of deep reflection, based on a firm belief that each student possesses inherent wisdom which will guide her in her learning and life journey.
- We are gender responsive. We take a relational approach which is strength-based, which emphasizes cultural competency, and which focuses on each middle school girl’s unique and affirming qualities.
- We have an intellectually engaging and holistic curriculum. We employ research-based best practices in middle school education that prepare our graduates for the world.
- We cultivate community leaders. We help our students advocate for themselves, for one another, and for a just society, and we provide them with opportunities to lead within the school and community.
- We engender lifelong learning. We deliver a wide array of on- and off-campus experiences which promote active hands-on learning by our students, and which inspire our faculty, parents, and alumnae to fully engage as learners and teachers.