Position: Substitute Teacher
Supervisor: Head of School
Employee Type: Temporary, as needed basis
Sophia Academy is an EEO/AA employer.
The substitute is responsible for teaching 5-8th-grade advisor. The substitute is expected to fulfill all duties associated with full-time faculty members. The substitute teacher is expected to work regular school hours: 7:45 AM – 3:30 PM and attend weekly faculty meetings on Wednesday’s from 3:30 – 5:00 PM.
- Overlap teaching responsibilities with the classroom teacher.
- Teach current program content and skills to grades 5-8.
- Take on a weekly lunch and recess duty.
- Masters in Teaching preferred
- Rhode Island Elementary or Secondary Certification preferred
- Teaching experience /with adolescent girls, and/or low-income communities preferred
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation.
- Completed BCI with fingerprints with favorable results.
To apply for this position, please forward resume and cover letter and 3 references to email@example.com.